How I can update the firmware of Amped wireless?
Amped wireless router firmware is a software that the user uses to communicate with the computer device for its configuration. The firmware of the Amped wireless should be updated as soon as the update is released in the Amped wireless router as the new firmware update helps in bug fixing and with the performance as well.
Why it is important to update the firmware of Amped wireless?
Firmware is a set of programs which are localized into a hardware device. It controls the device working. It is always recommended that you update the firmware of Amped wireless whenever it becomes available as these often fix bugs, contains new features, and protects you from security vulnerabilities.
How I can update the Amped wireless firmware manually?
- Go to Amped wireless and go to the support section.
- Click on the drop-down menu.
- Select your router’s model number.
- Click the download section and select the firmware.
- Once you have the download process is complete.
- Go to downloads and unzip the file.
- Connect your computer with the router.
- Type http://setup.ampedwireless.com the web browser.
- Go to settings.
- Click management.
- Upgrade firmware.
- Upload the unzipped file.
How I can update the Amped wireless firmware using the check button?
The Amped wireless configuration and performance totally depends on the firmware of the router. The user can easily update the firmware through the web address http://setup.ampedwireless.com.
- Open the web browser from a computer or device that is connected to your router’s network.
- Type http://setup.ampedwireless.com in the address bar.
- It will open up a login authentication page.
- Enter the default credentials.
- Press enter.
- Once you are able to access the admin page of the router.
- Look out for the Administration
- Click it.
- Click the router firmware.
- Update tab and proceed.
- Figure out the check button in the left menu pane of the page.
- Click the button and you will be redirected to download link of the firmware update.
- Click the download link that is displayed.
- Save the update file in the particular location of your PC from where you can access it easily.
- The router will ask you to specify the location of the file.
- Click browse and select the file that you have recently saved.
- Click upload or install button.
- Uploading process will start within a few minutes.
- At the end of the process, the router will reboot the process.
- The uploading process will start within the fraction of seconds.
Note: Make sure that the power cycle process happens without any interruption because any kind of interruption in the power cycle process can cause several damages.
How I can know that when my router’s firmware needs to be updated?
It is a very easy process to know whether your router needs to get updated or not. Let’s see how we can check whether the router needs to get updated or not.
Open the web browser and type http://setup.ampedwireless.com, enter the credentials in the login authentication page to get access to the main page of the router. On the home page, look for administration tab and select the router firmware tab at the bottom left part of the page. Click the check button on the side of the router firmware tab. Once you have clicked on the router firmware tab, if there is the latest update pending, the download link for the updated firmware will be flashing and if the router is already up to date then there will be no such link.