Amped Wireless routers are some of the most exceptional router in the industry. Their routers are well known for reliability and good user experience. The Amped Wireless routers are required by the user to login to them initially to further configure the network. The user can login to the router after initially setting it up physically. The user can simply go to www.setup.ampedwireless.com and enter the default credentials regarding their router to successfully login to the router. The default credentials are provided at the bottom of the router. The username and password are case sensitive.
Once the user has successfully logged in to the router, the user can further configure their network to better suit their network according to their needs. The user can customize, control, monitor and even repair their network themselves with the help of the web based interface. The user must also change the username and password as well as update the firmware for the router. The user can change all these settings only after logging in to the router. The user can also gain access to numerous advanced features of the router which can help the user better personalize their network suitable to their needs.
Some of the advanced features with which the user can configure and personalize their network are as follows:
- Guest Network
- Parental Controls
- Quality of Service (QoS)
- Port Forwarding
- Network Map
Here, we will help the users to configure and control their network by providing the step by step instructions related to all the important configurations of the router.
Here are the troubleshooting steps to setup and login to the Amped Wireless routers:
- Connect the modem to the WAN port of the Amped Wireless router via an Ethernet cable. Make sure that the connections are made properly.
- Now, connect the computer to any of the four internet ports of the router using another Ethernet cable. Make sure that connections are made properly on both ends.
- Open an internet browser and type www.setup.ampedwireless.com in the address bar. Press enter.
- You will be prompted to type in the default information regarding your router. The default username and password are “admin” for both the cases. The username and password are both case sensitive. If the default username and password are not accepted, that means that the user might have changed the information. In that case, the user needs to put the previously set password. If this fails too, then the user will have to restore the router back to its factory default settings.
- After successfully logging in to the router, the web based interface will open. Here, the user can configure their network suitable to their needs.
Once the user has successfully logged into the router, the user will be able to configure and personalize their network according to their needs.
Troubleshooting steps to reset the Amped Wireless routers:
- The reset button is mostly located at the back of the router within a very small hole.
- Using a pin or something similar, press and hold the reset button for about ten seconds.
- Release the button after ten seconds. Wait for the router to finish the reboot. Once the power LED light turns solid green/white in color, the router will have been successfully restored back to its factory default settings.
Once the router has been restored to its factory default settings, the user can start configuring their router again.
- Once the user resets the router, all of their personalized settings will get reset too.
- Do not unplug the router from its power source during the reset process as it can damage the router.
Troubleshooting steps to change the username and password for the Amped Wireless routers:
- Open the internet browser and type www.setup.ampedwireless.com in the address bar. Press enter.
- The Amped Wireless admin login page will appear asking the user for the default credentials regarding their router.
- Enter the default credentials provided at the bottom of the router. The username and password are case sensitive.
- Once the user has successfully logged in to the router, the web based interface or dashboard will appear.
- In the Wireless Settings tab, click on the Management option.
- There, the user will see the Network Name (SSID) option and the Network Key (passphrase) option with respective fields provided below them.
- Enter the new desired information in the respective fields provided.
- Click on Save to implement the changes.
Now, the username and password for the Amped Wireless router will have been successfully changed. The user can reconnect all their devices with the new information.
- Do not share the new password with everyone.
- Make sure that the username does not contain any sensitive information or password hints as the username is visible to nearby devices.
- Make sure that the password is very hard for other people to guess.
Troubleshooting steps to update the firmware for the Amped Wireless routers:
- Open your web browser and go to http://setup.ampedwireless.com
- The Menu will appear, click on the More Settings option. Now, click the Management option from th left side menu.
- Click the Router Update or Firmware Update option.
- Click on Check Now to find the latest Firmware
- Once the firmware update is found, follow the instructions to upgrade the firmware
- The Router will reboot and the firmware update will begin.
- The firmware update will take a few minutes. After that, the firmware will have been updated.
Once the firmware has been updated, the router will reboot itself. Once the router has finished rebooting, the user can start using their router again.
- Do not remove the router from its power source during the update as it can corrupt the router’s firmware.
- Do not download the firmware from any third party websites.